วันอาทิตย์ที่ 10 มิถุนายน พ.ศ. 2555

Seagate Expansion USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive

Seagate external desktop drives provide extra storage for your ever-growing collection of files. Instantly add up to 3TB (depending on model) more space for more files, images, music, and movies. Consolidate all of your files to a single location, or free-up space on your computer’s internal drive to help improve performance.

Set-up is straightforward. Simply plug in the included power supply and USB cable and you are ready to go. It is automatically recognized by Windows operating systems, so there is no software to install and nothing to configure. Saving files is easy too, just drag-and-drop.

It’s not just easy to use, but it’s fast and energy efficient too. Enjoy fast data transfer speed with USB 3.0 connectivity, backwards compatible with USB 2.0. Built-in power management ensures energy efficient operation.

Read More


Customer reviews
The Seagate External Drive 3 TB performs well when connected through a USB 2.0 port built into my Windows 7 based system. It has revealed some difficulties, however, when connected to the Western Digital (WD) USB 3.0 card I installed Windows 7 on my system because the system does not have USB 3.0 built.
I'm not clear if the problem is the Seagate drive with Western Digital card, and / or Windows 7. The effort to respond using outsourced support Western Digital was marginal. It took long enough to get the technician to understand that I was calling from a WD internal USB 3.0 card, unlike a Western Digital external hard drive. The technician seemed to be programmed to wait for calls on Western Digital hard drives only.
I have experienced problems relating to the external Seagate drive not being recognized by Windows 7 (Ultimate 64-bit Version) When my system boots. I found it best to boot the computer first, then apply power to the external drive from Seagate, which is then recognized when connected via USB 3.0. If my system boots with the external drive that already works, Windows 7 may or may not see the drive is attached.
Since I have yet to buy another brand of USB 3.0 card to replace the Western Digital USB 3.0 card, or move the WD card to a system based on a different version of Windows when this review was written, I have yet to completely screen the source of the problem for (a) of the Seagate drive, (b) the Western Digital USB 3.0 card, and / or (c) of Windows 7.
My evaluation of the product is based on the fact that 3 TB External Seagate always recognized when connected via USB 2.0 (built on my system), but may or may not be recognized when connected via USB 3.0 and the Western Digital USB 3.0 Card I added to my system.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น